Ocala Division


Golden-Collum Memorial Federal Building
& U.S. Courthouse

207 N.W. Second Street
Ocala, Florida 34475
352-369-4860

Jim Leanhart
Division Manager


  • Hours / Access
  • Disabled Persons
  • Parking
  • Jurors Info
  • Drop Box Info
  • History

Hours of Operation:

The Clerk’s Office is located in Room 337. Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.


Courthouse Access:

The public entrance is on N.W. 2nd St. All individuals entering the building are required to proceed through a metal detector and have any bags, packages, purses, etc. examined through an x-ray machine. Electronic devices, including cellular phones, lap top computers, sound/recording equipment, photographic/broadcasting equipment, are prohibited absent a court order. A standing order pertaining to attorney utilization of personal electronic devices in the courthouse has been issued. Please visit our Attorney Resource page for a copy of the order. Firearms, knives, pocket knives, chemical sprays and other weapons not specified are also prohibited.


Courthouse Access:


Wheelchair access is available through the same entrance as there are no steps at the entrance to the building.


Parking Availability

Disabled jurors may refer to the Florida Statutes by visiting www.flsenate.gov. In addition, you may contact the Jury Staff for additional information on disabled parking in this area.



Parking Availability:


Parking is available from a lot located on the east side of the Courthouse, near the corner of 2nd Avenue and 2nd Street.


Jury Information Sheet

For the convenience of our jurors, a copy of the information sheet that was mailed to you along with summons can be found by clicking here.

 

Parking Information For Jurors Only:

Jurors may park in the parking lot located on the east side of the U.S. Courthouse at the corner of NW 2nd Street and NW 2nd Avenue or in the covered parking lot located at the corner of 441 and NW 2nd Street. You will be reimbursed for parking expenses.


Juror Attire & Conduct:

Jurors are expected to conduct themselves with reserve and courtesy, and when appearing at Court, to dress appropriately to preserve the dignity of the Court.



Drop Box Information:


An after-hours filing depository has been placed on the first floor of the Ocala Courthouse. It is located in the hallway, just beyond the security checkpoint. It will be accessible to filers during times when the Courthouse is open and the intake office is closed, which would be 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Courthouse hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; intake hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.


The depository box is not for filing emergency or sealed pleadings nor should checks or money be deposited in the box. You must file these types of pleadings at intake.


 

Ocala Historical Information:


Ocala Courthouse in 1910

 

Ocala’s first Federal Post Office and Courthouse, pictured above, was built in 1908 and was razed in 1965 after construction of a new facility. The old building could not be used for local government or school board offices because the structure was sinking and renovation costs were determined to be too high.

In 1961, a new 70,000 square foot Federal Building and Courthouse, shown below, was completed. When it opened, the new facility housed twelve federal agencies, including the U.S. District Court. In 1984 by a special act of Congress, the building was officially named the “Golden-Collum Memorial Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse” to honor veterans from Marion County who died in the Vietnam War. PFC Harold Golden, who died on November 8, 1965, was the first resident of Marion County to die in Vietnam, and Captain William Edward Collum, who died on April 23, 1971, was the last. Golden was 18; Collum was 21.
Ocala Courthouse currently in use.
Although the U.S. Post Office has moved to new facilities, the building continues to house the Ocala Division of the U.S. District Court and other federal agencies.

 

 

 

1910 Courthouse Photograph Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 15, Folder W, Print 1

Text Source: Middle District of Florida Historical Society