Tampa Division Courtroom Technology
The Tampa Division has eight district judge courtrooms and two modified magistrate judge courtrooms all which are fully-outfitted with digital evidence presenation systems at all times. There are three magistrate judge courtrooms with portable equipment available to be brought in for evidence presentation. Videoconferencing is available in all district judge courtrooms as well as two dedicated conference rooms.
- Document Camera - The document camera can display documents and small objects using the overhead light. A backlight is available to display transparencies and x-rays. The camera is capable of digital zoom and pan which is encouraged for smooth motion.
- Annotation Monitor - An annotation monitor is used from the evidence presentation cart to emphasize aspects of an attorney's presentation.
- VHS Tape Player
- Laptop Connection - The presenation cart has a VGA and audio connection available for evidence presentation via a laptop.
Each attorney table has a monitor available to view evidence and a microphone. In the well of each table, a VGA and audio connection is available as well as a power outlet. Attorneys may use this connection or the connection available through the cart to present evidence from a laptop computer.
The witness box is equipt with an annotation monitor for display of evidence. This allows both the attorney and witness to emphasize and respond visually to evidence.
Each courtroom has a telconferencing system capable of linking up to six participant locations.
- A 42 inch plasma screen is available in addition to or instead of a large projection screen for display of evidence.
- Assisted listening headsets are available for the hearing impaired or for use when a court interpreter is present.
Quick Reference Guides
The following documents are intended as reference guides that can be printed for use in the courtroom:
District and Magistrate Judge Courtrooms:
The following images are intended to represent district and magistrate judge courtrooms in the Tampa Division. There are eight district judge courtrooms, three magistrate judge courtrooms, and two upgraded magistrate judge courtrooms. Slight variation in courtroom layout is determined by judicial preference.
District Judge Courtroom:
Magistrate Judge Courtroom:
Updated Magistrate Judge Courtroom: