Ft. Myers Division Courtroom Technology
The Ft. Myers Division has two district judge courtrooms and two magistrate judge courtrooms which are fully-outfitted with digital evidence presentation systems at all times. Videoconferencing is available in Courtrooms 6A, 6B, and 5D as well as a dedicated conference room.
- Document Camera - The document camera can display documents and small objects using the overhead light. A backlight is available to display transparencies and x-rays. The camera is capable of digital zoom and pan which is encouraged for smooth motion.
- Annotation Monitor - An annotation monitor is used from the evidence presentation cart to emphasize aspects of an attorney's presentation.
- VHS Tape Player
- Laptop Connection - The presenation cart has a VGA and audio connection available for evidence presentation via a laptop.
Each attorney table has a monitor available to view evidence and a microphone.
The witness box is equipped with an annotation monitor for display of evidence. This allows both the attorney and witness to emphasize and respond visually to evidence.
Each courtroom has a teleconferencing system capable of linking up to six participant locations.
- A 42 inch plasma screen is available in addition to or instead of a large projection screen for display of evidence.
- Assisted listening headsets are available for the hearing impaired or for use when a court interpreter is present.
Quick Reference Guides
The following documents are intended as reference guides that can be printed for use in the courtroom:
District and Magistrate Judge Courtrooms:
The following images are intended to represent district and magistrate judge courtrooms in the Ft. Myers Division. Slight variation in courtroom layout is determined by judicial preference.
District Judge Courtroom:
Magistrate Judge Courtroom: